“Making KODAK Film” Errata

Discussion in 'Book, Magazine, Gallery Reviews, Shows & Contests' started by laser, May 22, 2012.

1. laser

laser Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    My thanks to the APUGers that have bought copies of my book.

“Making KODAK Film” Errata
    May 22, 2012
    Copies of the book are available for sale from me but the book is out-of-print. I have no plans for printing more copies. Books have been purchased by individuals and prestigious institutions in over thirty counties so my goal of documenting the film manufacturing process for posterity has been accomplished.

I apologize for the four typographical errors in the book. I am happy to report that no errors regarding the information in the book have been reported to me.

The corrections that are underlined or described below address all the errors that I am aware of:

Page 9, Figure 4.
    “Fast Cyan (Red Sensitive)
    Mid Cyan
    Slow Cyan”

Page 46, Figure 81. Should be: “2. Coater #1.”

Page 89, Appendix A:
    “EKTACHROME Duplicating Film
    EKTACHROME 100G”
    The films should be on separate lines.

Page 90, Figure 159. 3rd line from bottom.
    Should be: “3xxx 16mm” Omit the 4th x.

Respectfully,

Robert L. Shanebrook

2. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the corrections, Robert.

The book is everything a film fanatic could dream of. I have read Grant Haist's MPP, and having your book is like having the unlikely "movie" version of a seminal, un-adaptable novel!

3. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thank you to whoever the careful readers are that generated the content for the errata.

Bob, your book is great. I am so pleased to have bought it.

My copy has been read thought in a breezy manner once, and certian sections have been read again in more detail. I am sure I will be back to it again many times in coming years.

It is really a great publication. It pulls the curtain back to compliment so many great Kodak technical books that were written 'in front of the curtain'.