110 film blank?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by unitednations161, Oct 30, 2012.

1. unitednations161

unitednations161 Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    I had some expired 110 film ( most of the film Ive shot is expired) and I only got two pictures out if it and they were really purple. Then the rest of the Negatives were blank and the prints I got back were purple. Could the film cause this or is it possibly the camera? The camera is just a instamatic 110? I can see the shutter open so Im not positive of what caused this?

2. Ricardo Miranda

Ricardo Miranda Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Combine an expired film with a fixed focus, fixed exposure camera and that's what you got.
    The instamatics were mostly with a fixed speed of around 1/60th and an aperture of F11. That means if you try to shot under light conditions that aren't sunny or bright enough, the film will be underexposed.
    Another thing, expired films loose sensibility and display colour shifts..
    Fresh 110 film is being produced and it isn't that expensive to get from places like the Film Photography Project.

3. nickrapak

nickrapak Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Extremely purple generally means that the rest of the film was too far gone to make an image. I've found that the last step in C-41's degradation is the change to an extremely purple image when reversed (to a print).