150 4.5 Schneider Xenar query

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by mahutchinson, Oct 20, 2013.

1. mahutchinson

mahutchinson Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I have just acquired this as part of a MPP Mk VII package, the camera, the 150 lens and a 90mm f6.8 Angulon both on MPP boards. It was bought from someone unfamiliar with photography and had I looked closely at the ebay pictures I should have noticed this. The cable block is fixed to the board rather than the shutter and there is a hole in the shutter where I assume a block once sat. The block is loose and just revolves round and round when pushed. What I am wondering is whether this is a normal and acceptable system or whether I should be returning it. The Angulon has a block fixed to the shutter and seems normal.

DSC_3832.jpg

2. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Not all Compur shutters have a cable release socket, however it's missing on this shutter and someone has done that to get around it.

I've actually got to make something like that piece attached to your lens board to use a couple of lenses/shutters with no socket..

Ian

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2013
  3. shutterfinger

shutterfinger Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    When you remove the lens board from the camera you will most likely find a nut on the back side of the board. Position the cable release socket, hold the nut, tighten the screw, then hold the screw stationary and tighten the nut.

4. mahutchinson

mahutchinson Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks for the responses. I will have a fiddle and see if it works. Probably too wedded to the world of pristine 35mm equipment but I probably would have passed this over had I noticed it.