150mm Enlarger lens

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by tony lockerbie, Oct 28, 2012.

1. tony lockerbie

tony lockerbie Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi, looking for a good quality 150mm enlarging lens, must have a 39mm screw mount (to fit a Durst lens board) Interested in Rodagon, Componon S or El-Nikkor.
    Thanks,
    Tony

2. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm selling a schneider componon S 150mm with 39mm thread, mounted into a beseler lens board and it has the lower lens cap.... I cannot bump the ad I placed for it a few days go. I'll have more pictures tomorrow.$90 takes it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2012
  3. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    hey tony, i have a 135mm schneider companon up for sale right now, just bumped it ... talk to me, make me an offer I can't refuse. That Rollei would look real nice next to it.

4. tony lockerbie

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the offer, but I was after the 150...already have a 135 Nikkor. The Rollei is great, going to send it off for a CLA next week....they are a sweet camera.

5. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    but I've already taught it to sing "Waltzing Matilda."
    :tongue:
    ct

6. tony lockerbie

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ha! If you find a mint Rollei-Wide for five hundred bucks let me know :smile:

7. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    if i were to find one of those at that price, yeah, I'd tell you .. followed by "nyah nyah nyah!"

Or something equally classy. :tongue:

8. walbergb

walbergb Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I may be wrong, but according to my Beseler 45 MXT enlarger instruction manual, both the Rodagon and Componon-S 150 mm lenses are 50 mm thread. At least they require a Beseler 50 mm flat lens board. Even the Componon-S 135/5.6 is 50 mm. The El-Nikkor 150 mm is also 50 mm screw mount, but there is a 39 mm adapter.

To fit an M39 screw mount, you will need a Rodagon 135/5.6. Don't know about the Durst enlarger, but my Rodagon 135/5.6 requires an extended lens board when used on my Beseler 45S.

Bottom line is that I doubt you will find a Rodagon, Componon S, or El-Nikkor 150 mm enlarger lens with an M39 screw mount. You may have to go to a 135 mm focal length. Even then, you should check whether your enlarger will work with it on a standard Durst lens board. Before you decide, you might want to read Chapter 6 "Enlarging Issues" in Post Exposure: Advanced Techniques for the Photographic Printer (2nd Edition) by Ctein. It's available free online. He evaluated all sorts of enlarging lenses including 4x5.

9. Andrew Moxom

Andrew Moxom Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My 150mm schneider componon s is a 39mm thread.

10. paul ewins

paul ewins Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The Componon S was available in a number of different mount sizes over the years. The two brochures I have (1979 & 1984) lists the 150 Componon S at M32.5, M42mm and M50 sizes while the 180 is shown as M39 or M50. Andrew's M39 version is probably just another variation.

11. walbergb

walbergb Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Moral of the story for OP is to check the mounting thread size before buying.