2 Packard Shutters and a giant Wollensak Flange

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Nov 7, 2010.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    [​IMG]

Just like the title says, here we've got 2 Packard shutters and a gigantic flange.

[​IMG]

The flange will fit most or all of the Wollensak products of the soft focus era that would have used a #5 Studio Shutter, like Vitax 16" and Verito 18" and probably some other dinosaurs I haven't thought of. $55 for the flange plus shipping

[​IMG]

The bigger shutter is exactly 6 inches across and the opening is 3 1/4". I have dis-assembled both of these and cleaned them, and they both operate flawlessly or better. Both are Packard #6 which is the one that has the place to insert a pin so that with Pin inserted, the speed is about 1/25th and without the pin, it stays open as long as you want it to until the bulb sucks it closed. You can get everything from 1/25th to infinity with a little practice and a Nikon FM to listen to while you play with it.

[​IMG]

The smaller shutter has had a blade repair but is also flawless or better and I will personally guarantee that you'll be tickled with how it works or your hard earned $$ will be returned. It is 4 1/2" across with a 2 1/4" opening. This one would work perfectly front mounted on a 6" Petzval on a 4X5. Small and light but with a big enough opening to go with a 6 or 7 inch petzval.

$85 for the big one and $44 for the small one. I have new air bulbs available for $5.85 each but I don't have a good source for soft tubing.

2. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Small Packard is Sold

Small Packard is Sold

3. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Big Packard is Sold

Big Packard is Sold