2 prong pin flash sync

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Ian Grant, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Having acquired a couple of US made LF lenses are adaptors available to the more modern flash sync leads.

Or do I make something myself :smile:

Ian

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    You can get cords for bipole sync from Paramount.

If you're connecting to a strobe system like Norman that use a household-type sync cable, you can even use an electric shaver cord. Those were the days, eh?

3. Denis P.

Denis P. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ian, since you're in UK, getting a proper thingy from Paramount Cords in the USA might be expensive...

Anyway, I was just waiting for the right opportunity to show off my latest DIY gizmo - just what you need :smile:

Costs almost nothing to make - just a little patience. Doesn't look pretty, but works - and that counts (as you can see from the fancy lens cap, I don't care much about the looks :smile:).

In short, it's a power connector from a PC computer - like the ones connected to hard disks, CD units, etc. Open a PC, and you'll se what I mean. Getting one shouldn't be a problem :smile:

Denis

Attached Files:

4. dschneller

dschneller Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is no end to what you could use, mine was made with aligator clips and a spare pc sync cord. Nice solution Denis!

Attached Files: