2 questtions..how to attach bubble levels and a viewfinder to LF cam

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by luvcameras, Oct 27, 2005.

1. luvcameras

luvcameras Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2005
  2. jonw

jonw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you are looking for a functional and inexpensive method of attaching the "bubbles" to you viewcamera, I use the self adhesive velcro and the cheap line levels which you can get at a local hardware or similar store. I use them and they,are great, plus cost me maybe $5.00 in materials. As to your second question, I can't offer any reasonable suggestion. Best wishes, Jon

3. argus

argus Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've got no problem using cheap levels, I do it myself.

But how are you going to make sure that a removable level is placed level on your camera?
    Did you draw some guidelines?

G

4. John Koehrer

John Koehrer Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    You might try using a doulble faced tape, I'd be suspicious of the accuracy of using velcro simply because of the thickness & compressability of it. 3M makes a two part tape that is similar to velcro in function but uses much larger components (knobs & sockets) that give a secure mount &isn't as bouncy.

5. TomWB

TomWB Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I use an old LInhof multi-focus finder, or whatever it's called, that got off of ebay, i use it a lot, but just carry it in my pocket. Use with two field cameras. Have never had a desire to mount it to the camera, it's not rocket science, you're going to have to fine tune the location by moving the whole tripod anyway. My 3047 3-way head has levels, why not use the tripod head levels? The cadet is a studio type camera, you must have a sturdy head for it?