210mm Lens

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Marvin, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Marvin

Marvin Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am looking for a 210mm lens for 4x5 what would be a good lens at a good price.

2. Fixcinater

Fixcinater Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I have an old Bausch & Lomb Tessar series 1c that I quite like!

3. noacronym

noacronym Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Presuming the reason you're looking for a lens like this is to give you good coverage on swings and tilts, and such, You might want to find yourself a Schneider Symmar.

4. JLP

JLP Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    210mm lenses for 4x5 are plentifull on the used marked. It all depend on what you are looking for.
    Is it a modern plasmat then there are lots of choices, Fuji, Schneider, Nikon and Rodenstock all made excellent lenses and there are very little difference between them. All will be mounted in Copal 1 shutters which are very reliable shutters.
    Fuji lenses seems to go for a little less than the rest but they are excellent lenses. I sold a 210 5.6 last year after getting out of 4x5 and it was a super nice lens.
    200.00 if you are patient but no more than 250.00$ for a very nice lens these days.

5. Alan Gales

Alan Gales Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I completely agree. You can also add Caltar in a Copal shutter. The latest Caltars were rebadged Rodenstocks and Schneiders. Same thing, different name.

Lately on Ebay I have seen a few sell for less than $200.00 but you can get a really nice example for $200.00 to $250.00.

6. LJH

LJH Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I got a mint Fujinon 210mm (late model) for US$170 last year.

Probably the sharpest lens I own. And I like what I perceive as being the warmer tones of Fujinon lenses.

7. E. von Hoegh

E. von Hoegh Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Don't overlook the convertible Symmars. These often go at a bargain price, and are excellent lenses.
    With almost any used lens, keep in mind that you may need to have the shutter CLA'd.