210mm Prinz Lens

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by mgb74, Aug 6, 2006.

1. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Any one with experience with this lens? A Google search suggests it's the same as the Commercial Congo. But I seem to get varying opinions on quality. I'm not looking for anything fantastic, but something decent to use when the weather is not so great.

2. Dan Fromm

Dan Fromm Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It is a Commercial Congo. Shortly after I bought a 210/6.3 Prinz I asked Yamazaki Optical and they said they had made it.

I can't answer your question about quality fairly. Congo lenses -- see the Perez/Thalmann lens tests -- are variable, some fine, others not. Mine has severe cleaning marks on the front element and I shoot 2x3. So I can' evaluate coverage. But on 2x3 it shoots acceptably well, cleaning marks notwithstanding. Oh, yeah, I bought it for the shutter.

To find out how good the one you're looking at is, you'll have to try it out.

Good luck, have fun,

Dan

3. glennfromwy

glennfromwy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I had a 150 that was a superb lens for 2X3. Then I went and traded it off. I wish I had it back. I've never seen another one.