21mm skopars M vs LTM

Discussion in 'Rangefinder Forum' started by puketronic, Nov 27, 2012.

1. puketronic

puketronic Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I want to get a 21mm lens. Zeiss and Leica are out of the budget so CV is the logical choice.

Is there a difference between these two? Besides the mount? In terms of build and optical qualities. I figured they are identical optically but I hear that M mount lenses were built better. All things equal I would prefer the LTM version because that mount is more versatile.

2. goodfood

goodfood Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I only know the LTM mount comes with view finder. The M mount without view finder and more expensive.

3. summicron1

summicron1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    get the ltm, you can use it on two different types of cameras -- m and ltm. optically they are the same lens.

4. jordanstarr

jordanstarr Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 21mm lens is the only rangefinder lens I use that isn't a Leica (the 28, 35 and 50 I have are all Leicas). Great quality for the price, with an awesome finder. You can find them for less than $400, which is about the same price as just getting the Leica 21mm finder without a lens. However, I have nothing to compare it on, but with the quality I have seen from it, I can't find a reason to go beyond it.