30" or so lens with big ulf coverage

Discussion in '[Classifieds] Want to Buy' started by johnielvis, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I want a nice, sharp accross the field lens by like f16--it should cover 11x14 with ample movements

there are a couple of apo nikkors on ebay right now for like 550bucks --you got a better deal, I'm interested

I want a 100% functional lens that means no flaws that "won't make a difference"--no separation.

The lens must have coverage specs which indicate that it covers the format--no lenses that are not spec'ed for ULF but "squeak" at 11x14...no way. I want real bonafide scientifically determined coverage--not subjective "buzzer" coverage.

READ MY LIPS: separation DOES matter--it decreases coverage--if that extra lens area around the periphery was not needed for imaging, the designers would not have made the glass that big. Nicks and scratches DO matter--of course they degrade optical quality--common sense, folks.

so, please, no offers of any tonopah turds/galleygarbage. looking for similar to the 30 inchers on ebay for 550 bucks.

you got one laying around that you want to get rid of, I'm your man--otherwise, I'll get one of them. Thank you.

ps...I got a 690 zeiss protar--that one is not sharp enough at f16.

no offers of 2000 bucks...I can get what I need for 550 on ebay right now.

THANK YOU.

2. Old-N-Feeble

Old-N-Feeble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The closest I can come to your requirements is a 600mm Fujinon-C but its pricier than a process Apo Nikkor. I don't really want to sell it but I might if I can get a fair price for it.

3. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    got one dude...thanks anyways....need 30"...maybe 29 or 29.5....real near 30 but no more...24 inch is too short

HEY---I got a 600 apo ronar to trade if one of you out there got a 30 incher and want shorter--it's not a pristine lens...barrel has a mark on it and the front element has a scratch or teeny nick...like super tiny--smaller than a glass bubble--it's much less objectionable then those flaws that others say "won't make a difference"....I can trade this PLUS cash if you wanna downsize--it does perform well enough for me but I also got the 600 fuji too...that's in a shutter so it's preferable fo sho'

HEY..I'll do a ronar or artar as well...or a zeiss...whatcha got folkz?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
  4. johnielvis

johnielvis Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    GOT ONE!!!!! suck it monkeys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.