35 years

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by wa1vgb, Apr 26, 2009.

1. wa1vgb

wa1vgb Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi,

I live in Maine and 35 years ago I shot black and white and developed and printed in my parents upstairs bathroom. I am probably the only one who knows why there is a stain on the floor where I spilled the developer. For many years after that I shot Kodachrome 25 on vacations. I now shoot digital on vacations.

Recently I felt sorry for my idle camera and had a desire to shoot some black and white again. It seems PanX is no longer available, so I got a few rolls of FP4. I dug my enlarger out of the basement. It is one of those Russian in a briefcase units. It took a bit to clean up as the foam lining had turned to crispy dust. I also found some 35 year old dektol and fixer and some Agfa Brovira.

Somewhere in the posts I followed a link to KEH. I now have a Waltax 645 folder in the mail in my direction. Not much spent, but I checked my enlarger and it doesn't come close to covering anything larger than 35mm.

This seems like a great forum. I have already read many posts with some great info.

Ron

2. Anscojohn

Anscojohn Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hey Ron, Welcome back. I always wanted one of those Russian suitcase enlargers but never got around to aquiring one. What kind of results did it give you, way back when? If you test the Brovira and find it to be o.k. I bet you could auction it to APUG luddites for recompense beyond your wildest dreams of avarice.

3. BobNewYork

BobNewYork Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome back Ron. When it comes to film photography - you can run but you can't hide!!!

Bob H

4. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello from Richmond, Va. Welcome back from all these year!

Jeff

5. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If you sell the digital, you can use the dough to get a medium format enlarger. Voila.

6. Chazzy

Chazzy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome from northern Indiana.

7. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I like your thinking :D

Welcome to APUG and welcome back to film! Please pick up some Kodachrome again! It is truly great film!

8. wa1vgb

wa1vgb Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thanks

Thanks to all for the welcome. I think the little enlarger does ok. I do remember some newton rings that I did battle with. And also some shadows caused by the bulb filament when it was partly in focus, so I started using ground glass in the filter tray.

See if I can post a link...this is a copy ( I don't have a scanner ) of a print I made years ago. I never did anything with it as the developer was exhausted when I made the print. The blacks are a little brown for the Brovira paper.

[​IMG]

9. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ron - hello and welcome to APUG from a little south and west of you in western Massachusetts. I hope to meet you at one of the New England APUG gatherings.

gene

10. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Welcome to the group, Ron.