35mm shooter from Savannah, GA.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by 26x30, Aug 26, 2011.

1. 26x30

26x30 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I was recently gifted a Nikon FM by my father in law. Sigma Zoom/Macro, tons of filters, a Vivitar flash, tripod, bag, 18 year old film, etc. A week later I happened upon a craigslist ad for a full darkroom setup for $200. Two trips later, I now have a Beseler 67s colorhead, an Omega enlarger, 13 developing canisters, reels, developer, fixer, sets of trays from 16x20 down to 5x7, paper safes, five adjustable finger easels, beakers, measuring cups, scales, accordian chemical containers, tongs, changing bags, bulk reel loaders, safe lights, light box, MANY MANY unopened boxes of paper by Kodak and Ilford in size up to 16x20 fiber, and too much more to list. I have an empty two car garage that I have about 90% lighttight so far, with plans to add some ventilation and a drain. Piping in hot and cold water will be a snap as well. I am expecting delivery of a Nikon F and a Nikkormat FT2 this Monday, and my father is sending me his Canon A1 and a Yashica. A friend just dumped a boatload of Kodak color and Ilford B&W film in my lap, as he has gone digital. I have always wanted to shoot 35mm, and am chomping at the bit to get started. I am the head printer at a large screen printing shop here in Savannah, and have been doing this for about 13 years, so I have a grasp on exposure, negatives, emulsion and the like. This forum is packed with such helpful information that I am sure it will be the only counsel that I will need! Thanks for having me!

The user name stems from one of the conversations that I had with the previous owner of the darkroom setup. He has been shooting astrophotography since the mid 70's, and everything that I got was everything he had accumulated over that period of time. When I asked him the largest print he had made with the Beseler (which he had mounted to the wall with a series of risers on the floor beneath it) he said it was 26x30. I walked around for the next day or so mumbling "26x30? Jesus Christ..."

2. MattKing

MattKing Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome 26:

Hope you enjoy being here.

3. Jeff Kubach

Jeff Kubach Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hello and welcome to APUG! Sounds like you got a bunch of good stuff, good luck.

Jeff

4. papagene

papagene Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    26x30 - hello and welcome to APUG from western Massachusetts. Have fun with your new toys and keep us posted on your progress.

5. Ken Davidso

Ken Davidso Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    :smile:

6. Black Dog

Black Dog Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the APUG jungle and have fun!:D