35mm slide mounts

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by Shootar401, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Shootar401

Shootar401 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    BH has some heat seal-able slide mounts that I've been eyeballing. I've been shooting a bunch of CR200 and as we know it curls like a MF'er. I don't really like to mount my slides and like to keep them on strips, but I think this is the only way I'm going to get it flat enough to scan.

Has anybody mounted their own slides using the heat-seal able mounts? I hear you can do it with a household iron, just have to be careful.

I don't shoot more than a roll of 35mm chrome every two weeks, so spending an hour or 2 mounting slides won't kill me.

2. snapguy

snapguy Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Years

It has been many years since I have used the kind of slide mounts you can seat with a clothes iron but the ones I used were prone to buckling in the mounts. As I recall this happened after a while, mostly after exposing them to the heat of a slide projector. I suggest you try using this type with a small number of slides and see if it works for you.

3. Greg Davis

Greg Davis Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Gene plastic mounts have little clips to hold the film flat inside and you can take them apart if needed.