35mm SLR courses Going Going gone.

Discussion in 'Geographic Location' started by antonyg, Nov 11, 2008.

1. antonyg

antonyg Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I am beginning to despair. I live in the United Kingdom, and started my SLR interest in 2003. I have seen two Darkrooms that I used, for short courses, close, since 2006 ( Croydon Adult Education, and a Central London's Theatre Darkroom), and my April " Patterns of Nature" and November " Winter Landscape" Photography courses at Juniper Hall, Dorking, Surrey, part of the Field Studies Council have its last ever session this Month. It appears, Adult Education budget's be cut, but at least their classes, were open to every type of user, Digital, Film etc, as opposed to a more disappointing experience. I attended Flatford Mills, Suffolk, again part of Field Studies Council, and their Tutor retired in 2005. He was brilliant, even processing the Slides himself. However, when he retired the only lessons were in Digital, Photoshop, and some Gardening Digital Photography courses. Film users were history, and there were no apologies offered. Sad times. Now I am looking for equivalent courses, but the internet is not such a boon.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  2. Christopher Walrath

Christopher Walrath Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know your experience level but organize your own classes at a community center or some such and have a guest speaker/teacher at each gathering, such as you can drum up. Just a thought or three.

3. Martin Aislabie

Martin Aislabie Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format