3rd generation minutero

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by Christopher Nisperos, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Christopher Nisperos

Christopher Nisperos Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure where this topic goes, but I thought it would surely be of interest on this forum . . . It's an article in yesterday's LA Times about a third-generation portrait photographer in today's India —a "minutero" street photographer— who still uses his grandfather's camera from (according to the article) the 1860's:

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-india-lowtech2-2009sep02,0,4488845.story

Here are a couple of interesting quotes by the 42 year-old Indian photographer in the article:

"Digital cameras can never give such joy" [as the 150 year-old camera he's using today]

"Computerization has made us lazy," he said. "Clicking pictures used to be an art. Now the thinking has disappeared and all they do is click a mouse."

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2009
  2. Peter de Groot

Peter de Groot Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    lovely story. So he actually takes the picture, develops the negative and the positive on the spot? Wow i have got to see that myself....damn no money for ticket.

3. BlueWind

BlueWind Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm