4x10 view camera users

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by wm blunt, Nov 8, 2004.

1. wm blunt

wm blunt Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Just curious as to how many others that use this forum use 4x10 cameras. Other than myself I know Kerry Thalman also uses a 4x10 camera for some of his work. I consider my 4x10 the Jenny Craig of Banquet cameras.

2. rbarker

rbarker Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Jenny might get upset if you use your camera mostly in landscape orientation. :wink:

3. scootermm

scootermm Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    why? because that would imply shes always on her back? :surprised:

4. Robert Hall

Robert Hall Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
  5. mikewhi

mikewhi Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I, too, have a 4x10 back for my 8x10 Canham. Works very nicely. Holders were $95 each, though. I still have HP5 and Berger in 4x10.

-Mike

6. Ole

Ole Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I have some 4x10 plate holders I'm planning to put to use, I'll just have to make an adapter back for my 18x24cm camera first :wink:

7. fotar-2

fotar-2 Member

I use a Tachihara 8x10 with a 121mm super angulon and have made a reversable alteration to 8x10 film holders which allow for the insertion of 4x10 film into the center of the holder, I print with a Fotar 10x10 enlarger.

8. WarEaglemtn

WarEaglemtn Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I love the format. For some images it is just what I need. I don't want the hassle of carrying an 8x20 around most of the time so the 4x10 is what I use. If you go to eBay & look at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15247&item=3851559426&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW you will find a 4x10 I currently have there for sale. I have made a new 4x10 back for the Deardorff & the older camera is on the auction block as a result. It served me well & will do so for the lucky bidder.
    This format is a good one to work with & whether you enlarge or contact print, if you 'see' in the format you will get some images that sing. I like it a lot more than trying to crop from full 8x10 sheets of film as I start from the beginning knowing what the limits/opportunities are for the format rather than trying to figure it out later & trying to remember what it was I wanted to do.

9. raucousimages

raucousimages Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I shoot 8x10 with a 4x10 mask to give two images in one neg.