4x5 Plus-X?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Ektagraphic, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hi Guys-
    After listening to Inside Analog Photo's great interview with Scott DiSabato at Kodak regarding the new Portra 400, he had mentioned that is may be possible for films that are not coated on the thick Estar base to be cut into sheets up to 4x5. He seemed uncertain as to if it would work but if it so happened that one of the bases that the current Plus-X is on could handle 4x5 sheets, I was wondering how many people would be interesting in participating in an order if Kodak approves...I'm not saying I plan to as of right now but I was curious.

Patrick

2. kauffman v36

kauffman v36 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    i was JUST looking for this film today. Im new to 4x5 but lose plus-x in 120 and was looking to buy some for my first shots in 4x5. i settled for fp4 but would buy plus-x in a heartbeat if it was available. I know grain isnt an issue with such a large format but i love me some slow speed films. And i might be alone, but i am not a fan of the T-grain films.

3. Ektagraphic

Ektagraphic Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I am also not a fan of the T-Grain films for black and white but...Tri-X 320 is also stunning in 4x5.

4. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I think plus-x is still available in 5" aerial rolls.

Nah you're definitely not alone.

5. bdial

bdial Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I would love more Plus-X in 4x5.

6. kauffman v36

kauffman v36 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I know...or so ive heard, i love tri-x 320 in 120 size but like i said, im a sucker for slower speed films, even if grain isnt the advantage. Id def. buy plus-x for my slow speed, that is of course, until kodak wises up and starts makign Tech Pan in 4x5 again :D

7. munz6869

munz6869 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I only use TXP320 because I can't get Plus-X in 4x5"... I'd love some stock of that!

Marc!

8. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I do not know if I would get some or not. My gut says "YES," because I used to use Plus-X in sheets. However, it was a different emulsion, I have now got myself adjusted to FP4+, and I don't shoot all that much 4x5, like I used to. So, I'd probably buy a few boxes just for the heck of it, if it was priced similarly to FP4+, but I would not buy a sizable quantity.

If it was a clone of the old Plus-X sheet emulsion, then I would probably want to buy at least 250 sheets of it.

9. kauffman v36

kauffman v36 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    2f/2f, how has the emulsion changed? im just curious?