5 litre Plastic bottle Taps (UK)

Discussion in 'Darkroom Equipment' started by BarryWilkinson, Mar 17, 2007.

1. BarryWilkinson

BarryWilkinson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone know of a source of 5 Liter plastic bottle taps in the UK? Google searching has not turned anything up.

Barry

2. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. BarryWilkinson

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Thanks Bob, that's a beer I owe you (to be collected in Wales). I have looked for these for some time, but drawn a blank except for a supplier in Holland. The Silverprint site has a lot on it but the search feature is poor.

I buy 5 liter bottles of Agfa fix etc and they are difficult to tip into a small measure when full. These look just the job.

Barry

4. Bob F.

Bob F. Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I noticed the Silverprint ones some time ago and somehow remembered them (and yet, often manage to forget my own home 'phone number)...

Interestingly (but not very) I just bought some of the Agefix myself on reports that it is low odour and neutral pH and it's economically priced (cheap). Not tried it yet but I'll be interested to see if carry-over from the paper stop bath will acidify it and make it pong more, or not.

Cheers, Bob.

5. BarryWilkinson

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've been using Agfa FX Universal for quite some time now. Made for C41 I think? Works very well as a neutral pH fixer for B&W film and paper, suggested by Martin I think? Its very cheap from Silverprint at £8.07 per 5 Liters! I use it at 1:7. It has a slight ammonia smell. I have also given up on proprietary stop baths, I now use Citric Acid 20g per Liter, no smell.

Barry