517/16 Nettar-Can I use with strap ?

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Mustafa Umut Sarac, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Mustafa Umut Sarac

Mustafa Umut Sarac Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Are there lugs for strap at Zeiss Ikon Nettar 517/16 ? I could not see at camera pictures from the front, may be at the back ?

Thank you,

Umut

2. Peltigera

Peltigera Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't think any of the Nettars have strap lugs. None of mine do, although I don't have the 517/16. Nettars are bottom of the range cameras and tend not to have any frills at all.

3. flatulent1

flatulent1 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a 517/16 here next to me. There are no strap lugs of any kind. There is a tripod socket though, I suppose if you're desperate you could use a BlackRapid strap. Lovely camera, a real pleasure to use.

4. ntenny

ntenny Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    My 516/16 has lugs, and I found some photos of the 515/16 with them, but I suppose they could be post-factory additions. The 518/16 that I regularly use doesn't---I think the postwar models are expected to be used in their leather never-ready cases.

The 6x6 size is pretty comfortable to carry around in one hand, though. I can fit them in the back pocket of my jeans, but I have a large American butt. :smile:

-NT

5. georg16nik

georg16nik Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Most compacts 6x6 from the major makers of that vintage are without lugs. Those are pocket-able cameras or to be used in their cases as ntenny said.