6x6 projector

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by msbarnes, Jan 24, 2013.

1. msbarnes

msbarnes Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is there an affordable 6x6 projector? I have never considered projecting slides before so I'm not sure which brands are good and what to look out for in a projector.

I just have a few slides and I think it would be really cool if I could see them projected on my wall. I'm not trying to project them very large or anything, i have no idea what I need but since film is dying I figured that maybe this is one of those pieces of equipment that people do not really want anymore (but I could be wrong).

2. polyglot

polyglot Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Depending on your concept of "affordable", there are many in the $50-$200 range, e.g. Rolleis.

3. Clay2

Clay2 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Lots of slide and movie projectors for sale cheap these days. The killer is finding the bulbs for them

at a

decent price. My bulbs that were $3.00 in 1968 are now $60.00 when you can find them

Up till 2010 I shot slides 90% of the time. Nothing wows them like a projected image on a big screen.

Best regards,

/Clay

4. Slixtiesix

Slixtiesix Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Have a look on the older Rollei projectors. You have to put in the slides individually (no magazine or automatism) but since you only have a handful of them, this does not seem like a problem.

5. AgX

AgX Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  6. kmallick

kmallick Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I love projecting MF slides. For cheap (<$200) 6x6 projectors look for Malinverno TA 507 or Bausch & Lomb Balomatic. They show up time to time in the local Craigslist or eBay.

malinverno.JPG

bausch.jpg

7. Alan Gales

Alan Gales Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    I bought a Kindermann for a little over $100.00. They are quite common and work great if you are on a budget.