6X9 processing

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Dr David Hall, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Dr David Hall

Dr David Hall Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    NT=Times New Roman]undefined[/FONT]

Does anyone know of a processing lab for 6X9 prints from 120 film. Local labs here have only 6X7 masks and so do not print the whole negative. Thanks

2. mark

mark Member

3. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Where is "here"? I think any pro lab should be able to handle 6x9 full frame. In L.A. you could use A&I. In New York I like Modernage, but there's also Duggal, Baboo, MVLabs for black and white, Taranto, ColorEdge, and several other good choices.

4. Dr David Hall

Dr David Hall Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks for the guidance

5. Dr David Hall

Dr David Hall Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks, I live in Baton Rouge, LA. and the labs here don't have masks larger than 6X7

6. MattCarey

MattCarey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format

I know that Calypso will not do 6x9 prints from chromes. They list contact prints on their website, but I don't see any information for proofs. Also, if you are out of the area (or can't get to Calypso during working hours), they have rather high shipping costs ($15/order).

That said, I have a number of 8x10's in my house by Calypso. I really like their work and their people.

A&I has 6x9 on their price sheet, but I haven't used them for this.

Matt

7. Dr David Hall

Dr David Hall Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    6X9

Thanks Matt, I have made contact with A&I in Los Angeles and a couple of specialty labs from Shutterbug magazine. Can get what I want now.

8. MattCarey

MattCarey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Note that the price for a mailer for A&I is cheaper on B&H than direct from A&I.

Let me know how it works. I have used them for 35mm stuff. I tend to destroy Tmax 3200, so I send it to them and it has worked well. But, I haven't sent them any 6x9 work.

Matt