7" f3.8 No Name Ancient Petzval Covers 4X5

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Mar 3, 2010.

1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    This one is affordable. Something to be said if you've been watching the feeding frenzy on Gleebay lately.

[​IMG]

The reason it's affordable is it's beat up. Someone cut in a waterhouse stop and obliterated the original elegant script.

[​IMG]

The lens shade is gone. It has a chip (see pics) on the back side of the front group, and a small blotch on the rear most light.

[​IMG]

So if you're the type that stresses over whether your lenses are eye candy, look elsewhere. OTOH, on the ground glass I see NO loss of gorgeous contrast, and this is an unfailing performer. It makes great images in spite of the flaws.

[​IMG]

It's hard to find petzvals for the smaller sizes as most early portraitists were working with studio cameras on 8X10. This 7 inch just covers 4X5. It will give you lots of swirls with some foliage (hard to find in Tonopah in winter. )

No flange. $265 or make me an offer or a trade I can't refuse.

2. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    A gaggle of pics done with this lens. Now these were done on 5X7 on purpose to show the circle. So crop a 4X5 frame into these to get a better idea what you'd get on 4X5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    SOLD!

Thanks All.

:D:D