70mm aerial camera

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by johnnywalker, Nov 19, 2009.

1. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have a 70mm aerial camera available for sale. The body was made by Chicago Aerial Industries Inc. and the 6 inch f2.8 lens by Curtis Laboratories Inc. I've owned it for about 15 years (long story) and have never done more than dry-fire it, but everything seems to function properly. It comes in a very sturdy metal case, with 3 filters (red, yellow, UV) and two light-proof metal film cannisters. The camera must be loaded and unloaded in the dark, and the lens is permanently focused on infinity. I'm attaching a couple of pictures, but have more I can send if anyone is interested. I have no idea of what it might be worth and am open to offers. If I don't get any bites here I may put it on ebay, so if anyone has any idea what the value of it might be I'd me interested in knowing.
    3 per cent to APUG.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2F/2F

2F/2F Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Looks fun....I wants it!

3. Frank R

Frank R Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    High coolness factor!

4. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's actually nicer looking than the first photo shows. I suspect it's from the late fifties, early sixties.

5. rthomas

rthomas Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Very sweet; too bad I work at the other end of the focus ring most of the time!

6. reggie

reggie Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    any idea what film it would use? How do the canisters take film - on rolls, if so does it have a take up spool like 6x6?

7. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It takes 70mm film. I assume it's loaded from a bulk roll. It has two spools in it, and is loaded with film from when I got the camera. The cannisters are not part of the camera, just containers to hold used or unused film.

8. andrews20

andrews20 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hello John,
    My name is Andy McGraw, I reside here in the neighbouring Province of Alberta Canada in Calgary. Question, have you sold the 70 MM Aerial Camera Manufactured by Chicago Aerial Industries? I'm interested, if so please advise. I look forward to your reply my friend, thanks.

Cheers,
    Andy McGraw
    Calgary, Alberta
    Canada
    e-mail: aerojet57@hotmail.com