70mm Mamiya questions!

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Scuffy, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Scuffy

Scuffy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Okie doke. I've looked around on Google and a certain auction site for the past couple of days and have come up dry. I have a good line on a 70mm back for my RB and RZ67s and I'd like to get it. Now that being said I know that the films available are slim and this type of thing is going out of use pretty darned fast. I have the part numbers of the Jobo and other brand developing tanks and reels. Pretty much what I'm looking for is the film cassettes or canisters. I know that Kodak used to make them but that's about all I know. Having never shot 70mm before I'm at a loss. I don't know what I'm looking for in terms of these. Would anyone like to offer up some advice (besides "forget about 70mm"! :D )? Does anyone have any for sale?

That AND is Maco still making the IR stock in 70mm? Is it perforated?

Thanks guys!
    -Scuffy

2. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The Mamiya back fits the RB. I forget what it takes to fit the RZ. Some sort of adapter.

Jobo hasn't made a 70mm reel in a while. Good luck finding one. They are often expensive on the auction site. Worse they only handle 5' so you need three to do one roll.

I don't know if anybody is selling 70mm cans anymore. Maybe Linhof or Hassleblad? You can guess the prices. The used choice means watching Ebay. Often an used back will come with a can or two.

3. Nokton48

Nokton48 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have some 70mm Cassettes for Sale........

I do have some Kodak 70mm Cartridges, which I can sell. Contact me through the forum for more details.

AFAIK Maco 70mm IR -is- available, although I've never used it or ordered it. I would inquire with the manufacturer for more details.

Nokton48

4. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    I have an expired roll of FP4. Perhaps you want it. I may be able to get other films.

5. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've got a 70mm back, if you want I'll give you a good price :wink: It's missing the vacuum squeeze thing, but I think you can pick those up in various places.

6. Scuffy

Scuffy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Is the Mamiya back one such back that you can change the sprocketed roller for a smooth roller??

7. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hmm. Yes, it looks doable by simply filing down the sprockets. Mine has sprockets on on end only. So why would you do this- is nonsprocketed film more available? I haven't checked lately.

8. Scuffy

Scuffy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Honestly I'm not sure. Just curious I guess- in case such a need should arise. :smile:

Does anyone know what Maco might be charging per roll? I perused the site yesterday and I'm not quite understanding their listings. :rolleyes: I know it's an IR film and I see the listing for it but there are several choices...