7x17 film storage

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Mateo, May 25, 2004.

1. Mateo

Mateo Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I just developed my first 7x17 negatives and hadn't thought about it. What does everyone put these in to store them? I have lots of different plastic that will work but worry that some type might react in a naughty way. Maybe some type of paper envelope?
    Thanks for any help.

2. clay

clay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fred Newman at The View Camera Store will sell you some nice plastic sleeves specially cut for 7x17. They are beefy and not too terribly expensive.

3. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Clay,

What kind of storage/filing box are you using?

Sandy

4. clay

clay Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I got some black foam core material and glue and gaffer's tape and made some nice black boxes to fit each negative size. It took about 20 minutes per box. I just put the sleeved negatives in the boxes. I left a little space on one dimension so that I can attach little post-it tabs with some cryptic identification code written on them to the ends of the sleeves. It helps to locate a particular negative occasionally. I only tab the 'keepers'. The 'yawners' go to the bottom of the pile.

5. Mateo

Mateo Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I didn't find the sleeves at the View Camera Store website but did email them about it. Thanks for the help