8 1/2 x 11 Contact Paper

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Roger Pellegrini, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Roger Pellegrini

Roger Pellegrini Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Anyone know where I can get 8 1/2" x 11" for making 35mm contact sheets?

Roger Pellegrini

2. Lowell Huff

Lowell Huff Inactive

Shooter:
    35mm
  3. Mike Wilde

Mike Wilde Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    2 ways with 8x10

since it is b&w, you put the negs into a plastic 5 wide by 7 rows neg filing sheet. Carefully place the neg filer sheet over a piece of 8x10 - it can cover the whole sheet, with just the top row of perforations being cut off with the type of sheets that I buy. Carefully squash the sleeve in contact with a piece of clean glass, and expose under the enlarger.

I you want to spend on the expensive filing pages, you get the one that slide the contact sheet in the same page in front of the negatives.

Or, be like me, carefully center the contact sheet on a 3 hole punch, and then put it in the 3 ring binder in front of the negatives to corresponds to.

4. srs5694

srs5694 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Roger, you don't say where you live. Freestyle, as Lowell suggests, is good for people in the US (and particularly the western US). I'm pretty sure that B&H (in NYC) also has 8.5x11-inch paper. I don't know about non-US sources of supply.

Another option might be to buy paper in rolls. You can then cut sheets to whatever length is required for the job at hand.

5. Roger Pellegrini

Roger Pellegrini Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Thanks.

Thanks. I ordered from Freestyle. I've used 8x10 but only when I have to. Too hard to center it in the hole punch.