8 1/4" WA Ross! Rare Bird ~ f4 Plasmat Glow

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by jimgalli, Jul 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    [​IMG]

Check all your modern Plasmat's. f5.6 right? Sure. There's a reason for that. At f4 they "glow". This lens has a definite soft focus "buzz" going on at f4, and it's really gorgeous.

[​IMG]

This is the only one I've ever seen. This is a war baby I think. Normally an 8 1/4" W.A. is standard for 11X14 format. Not so this lens. It covers 8X10 with about 1.5 inch movements in any direction.

[​IMG]

Not only is it very rare, it's coated. That means it can do double duty as a very sharp Wide Field plasmat on your 8X10 and also a gorgeous soft focus with beautiful bokeh on your 5X7, 4X5. A neat lens. I simply cannot keep them all. I've got some images done with this that I'll add to the sale later on. $335. Shutter working perfectly.

2. Mark Layne

Mark Layne Member

I have one of these in it's original mount. I believe they were aerial reconnaissance lenses.
    Mark

3. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I also surmised that as it's very close in design to the Bausch & Lomb lenses that accomplished the same task. That was why I hinted that it's a war baby.

Lens is SOLD! Thanks All.

4. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Here are the "plasmat glow" pictures. Both done on 8X10 wide open at f4. Effect is subtle, but definitely there.

[​IMG]
    coke stuff, ross

[​IMG]
    purple bottles, ross​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.