8 x 15 Film Holder

Discussion in 'Ultra Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Uncle Jim, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Uncle Jim

Uncle Jim Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I recently purchased a Vageeswari 8 x 15 inch camera. It is in fine shape, but only came with one film holder. Actually it is a glass dry plate holder. Is anyone aware of a source of holders for this camera? Would someone with a similar camera, that plans on modifying it be interested in getting rid of their holder. I would appreciate any help.

uncle jim

2. keithwms

keithwms Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Strange size. Is it adaptable to 7x17?

3. Uncle Jim

Uncle Jim Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Keith,

No, it is not. It is a little chunkier tha the 7 x 17 format. It's actually about 14.75 x 8.25 inches. I am planning to shoot paper negatives until I can make some glass dry plates. If I can't get any more holders, I'll have to try my hand at making some.

uncle jim

4. studiocarter

studiocarter Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Jim,
    My single extension 8x15 was ordered with two extra plate holders. Apparantely, they are difficult to obtain, even for the seller in India, John Alex. One has a partial light trap on the end of the slide that needs some fixing; the other side is fine. Since I have two others that are working, why bother with more work? You can buy it from me or try your luck with John. jn(dot)alex(at)gmaildotcom, me: michaelatstudiocarterdotcom

5. Bruce A Cahn

Bruce A Cahn Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
  6. Steve Hamley

Steve Hamley Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    And get out your wallet! Spendy but worth it. :D

Cheers, Steve

7. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  8. studiocarter

studiocarter Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Just won two more 12x15 book form plate holders that need some glue for $212.41. I don't mind because they just aren't common at all.
    Better send your camera to have new holders fit it. I doubt those places make book form plate holders.

9. Uncle Jim

Uncle Jim Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Hi All,

Thanks for your thoughts. I managed to acquire two more holders from the man in India that sold me the camera. Yes, they were expensive.
    I now have the three holders and four lenses for it. Now if I can just get the film that I bought to work everything will be fine. Thanks again.

uncle jim