8x10 C-41 Color Film???

Discussion in 'Color: Film, Paper, and Chemistry' started by User Removed, Aug 22, 2005.

1. User Removed

User Removed Guest

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Can someone suggest an 8x10 C-41 process color film, that is available for purchase? If not 8x10, maybe someone knows of a 4x5 available.

I am taking a Color Photography class at the UofA, and they have all students shoot C-41. Since I only shoot 8x10, I would really like try it with color. If no 8x10 is available, I can shoot 4x5...but that is the smallest I can go.

Thanks.

2. David A. Goldfarb

David A. Goldfarb Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Shooter:
    Large Format
    The Portra films should be available. Have you tried just seeing what's in stock at B&H?

3. df cardwell

df cardwell Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Fuji ( NPL and NPS ) and Kodak ( Portra 100T, 160 NC, 160 VC, and 400 NC )

WHAT you'll shoot determines the best choice.

Talk to the lab, see what 4x5 shooters use there. It really helps to have the lab on your side !

These are all AWESOME films. I mean, astonishing, wonderful films.

I like Portra 160 a lot.

( you can borrow a 35 or 120 and shoot a test to see how the color works for you... what does your lab print on ? There are different contrasts, just like B&W )

don

4. jimgalli

jimgalli Subscriber

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I think I have some in the freezer that I'll donate. OOD of course but the price is right.

5. User Removed

User Removed Guest

Shooter:
    Plastic Cameras
    Jim, That would be fanastic! I dont mind if it is out of date, I just want something to experiment with to get started.

The UofA has everone shoot C-41, have it processed by a local lab, and then everyone prints on Fuji Crystal Archive.

Thanks!