8x10 on ebay

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Tom Hoskinson, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Tom Hoskinson

Tom Hoskinson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  2. MattCarey

MattCarey Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Oh, man...why do this to me? I was just getting past lurking for an 8x10.

Matt

3. Calamity Jane

Calamity Jane Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    5 bids, $56.00, 2 days left ?????? !!!!

That's obscene!

(Just paid $400 for my 8x10 at the first of June and I thought that was a STEAL!)

4. fparnold

fparnold Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wonderful. Another reminder of the Glory that Was Binghamton. Add a pair of E. J. Johnson shoes and an IBM 029 Keypunch, and you'd have a right proper memorial to Upstate NY.

5. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Is that caulking on the front? Either he measured the camera without extending the rear or somebody chopped the bellows. Fully open it should be more then 20". I'm betting he failed to extend everything. But would pay to ask.

That must be the first model before the Agfa/Ansco merger. Not the post war model.

6. Claire Senft

Claire Senft Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    If someone gets this combo for a couple of hundred dollars they will have a nice camera to refinish and a fine photo taker...not to mention a real bargain. If the lens is a Dagor even uncoated with only 4 air glass sufrfaces it should be relatively flare free.

7. geraldatwork

geraldatwork Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Just wait until the bidding frenzy which happens at the last moments of closing. I noticed the shutter only goes to 1/150 of a second. I guess you need a tripod. How do people walk around with those things?

8. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Tripod??? All you need is a good camera strap.

Late model Agfa/Ansco had been selling for around $250 give or take awhile back. That was in much better shape then the one in the link. Cameras with tilt. The main value on this one is the lens I guess. What does a series III cover?

9. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Camera doesn't look the best Ansco, condition or model, later models are nicer escpecially if you can find one with triple extension bellows & the extra front rail. (As mentioned in the 1940's Agfa Ansco catalogue).

Ive seen good 10x8 Ansco's go for anything from around $200 without a lens (or with an old dodgy lens).

Equally I've seen excellent late 1930's early 40's 12" Am Opt Dagors go for as high as $750 if coated. Many were upgraded and factory coated after the war. Very few european Berlin Dagors of that vintage are mounted in shutters, and American Optical Dagors always seem so much nicer :smile:

The Dagor lens was designed for coverage so a 12" Series III will certainly cover 10X8 amd larger with plenty of movements - not really available on this camera.

10. Tom Hoskinson

Tom Hoskinson Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Only 1/150 second? Many of my 8x10 shots have exposure times in the multiple second range. Some of my lenses are barrel mounted (no shutter) and I make the exposure by pulling my homemade polarfleece lens sock off the lens, then replacing it.

I always use my Wehman 8x10 on a tripod and I carry it in a Kelty Redwing 3100 backpack.

I sometimes shoot handheld with one of my smaller LF cameras - my old Linhof Technika 4x5.

11. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know that I have ever shot over 1/150 second with any of my large format gear, and I know I have not ever with the larger formats.

Dave

12. colrehogan

colrehogan Member

Shooter:
    Large Format Pan
    It looks like perhaps something was sanded, maybe a rough spot? And from his other pictures, there is an extension rail, but the original picture doesn't look like he had it extended. My Ansco fully extended is a good 29 inches long.

13. lee

lee Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    that is one shabby camera

lee\c

14. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The putty, filler, white stuff - whatever on the right of the lens board's definately dodgy.I'd agree the rear extension isn't in use, but it has a small set of bellows.

Just checked mine and with the extra rail its over 35" fully extended. Perhaps we should start an Ansco-Agfa User Group :smile:

Ian