9-year expired Kodak t3200?

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by j-dogg, Aug 22, 2010.

1. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It's been in a refrigerator its whole life. I scored a whole box for free. Like 20 something rolls, expired 2001.

Can I still shoot it?

2. E76

E76 Member

Shooter:
    Instant Films
    I would test it before you shoot anything important. It might still be usable but high speed films do not keep very well. Therefore, I suggest rating it at it's true speed of 800 (or slower) and not push processing it, as this will only increase the amount of base fog that's sure to be present.

3. pentaxuser

pentaxuser Subscriber

Shooter:
    35mm
    Let us know how you get on. You might want to try it at 3200 as well as 1600 and then 800 to see what you get. I bought some expired P3200 which wasn't as old as yours but on the other hand it hadn't been stored in a fridge. I shot the roll at 3200, not knowing any better and found it very grainy, low contrast and quite frankly a bit disappointing but with only one roll that proves nothing.

You have plenty to play with and all it will cost is a bit of chemicals to find out its qualities.

pentaxuser

4. PhotoJim

PhotoJim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    It won't be great. Shoot it no faster than 800 - and honestly, to get through the base fog, you might be at more like an EI of 400 or 200.

5. j-dogg

j-dogg Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    update.....it's black and white p3200. and expired 9/2000 anyway I'll pop a roll off on my Nikon FG and see what happens.