90mm Hexanon for KO - $40

Discussion in '[Classifieds] For Sale' started by mgb74, Mar 10, 2010.

1. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    90mm f3.5 Hexanon for Koni Omega Rapid, etc. Glass is very good, cosmetics good. Shutter seems fine at 1/30 and faster, but is sticky at slow speeds. $40 plus actual shipping from 55441 in US (16 oz). 10 day return privilege (less shipping). % to APUG.

Attached Files:

2. artbyalina

artbyalina Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Price seems unright

Hi!

I believe there are three lenses on ebay right now for half that price. Perhaps a price drop is in order?

3. domaz

domaz Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    $40 seems super low to me. The only one I see on EBay has fungus and the shutter looks completely broken. This one has good glass and minor shutter issues.

4. TheFlyingCamera

TheFlyingCamera Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Folks- as a general rule of politeness in these forums, if you see something for sale and you don't like the price, just like in a regular store, move along without comment. The marketplace will take care of itself - if the price is too high, the seller will figure that out when it doesn't sell in six months.

5. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I'm not sure which 3 you're referring to. I only see 2 searching on "90mm hexanon", "90mm rapid", "90mm koni", and "90mm omega".

Do you mean the one for $35 that's described as "90/3.5 KONICA HEXANON FOR KONI-OMEGA, SHUTTER FIRES BUT BLADES DON'T OPEN, LENS HAS INTERNAL FUNGUS, LOOKS EX . "?

Or the one that's at $27, with no specific on condition (just a general "excellent" comment) - and has 4 days left on the auction?

Of course there's one that sold for $16 - plus $12 shipping and "Shutter fires at all settings but seems to only have 3 different speeds - fast, medium and slow. No returns.".

I don't know why you choose to comment publicly on someone's ad. But, if you are going to do so, at least have a clue about what you're commenting on.

6. photobizzz

photobizzz Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Too bad I didnt buy a Koni instead of the Mamiya Super 23 I picked up yesterday, this is a good deal!

7. artbyalina

artbyalina Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Hmmm

Harris (if I am not mistaken?)
    Here is one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Omega-Super-Ome...iewItemQQptZCamera_Lenses?hash=item27affa51e6

Somehow the other two I saw a couple of days ago are not there any more. Perhaps the auctions ended, I did not watch those lenses. Considering how I just bought a Koni Omega camera after spending weeks on Ebay looking at everything related to these cams, it IS possible that I was thinking of lenses I saw previously. I did searches for " omegon", "koni", "omega", "hexagon", "super omegon".

8. artbyalina

artbyalina Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Will do!:smile:

9. fiducio

fiducio Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    How much of an image circle does it cover? I'm trying to replace a broken Land Camera shutter with a fully manual one, and can't find much info on this lens in particular. Thanks!

10. Brian Legge

Brian Legge Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Heck, thats almost cheap enough that I'd almost buy that to try to make a hacked together tilt-shift for my 35mm out of it and something for bellows. :wink:

11. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I don't know about the image circle. I can't seem to find any info. The Koni Omega cameras were 6x7. Yet many similar press cameras of the era also had 6x9 backs. I think it's possible this lens could cover 6x9, but I wouldn't expect more than that. Greg Weber might know.

12. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    First, the auction you referenced is the same one I mentioned - $26 with 4 days left. You can't compare my price to an auction that's not yet completed. If there were others with ended auctions, they would show up with a search for "completed" auctions. Perhaps you saw a listing for a 90mm Omega enlarging lens.

If I had something demonstrably incorrect in my ad, like saying this lens has a 1/1000 speed, a public comment might be warranted. If you think that my price is unrealistic and you want to enlighten me, then send a PM. But a public comment is both arrogant and rude.

Further, while eBay has become the de facto reference point for pricing, far too many eBay sellers are less than forthright about the condition of the items they sell and inflate shipping fees. I described this lens fully and honestly, charge the actual shipping cost, and donate a % to APUG.

This is not to say that my price is right. I've been married over 30 years - I'm used to being told I'm wrong. But I haven't seen anything, and you haven't presented anything, that shows my price is unrealistic. Absent any facts to support your point of view, keep in mind the old saying "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.".

13. mikebarger

mikebarger Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The 90 I have is razor sharp, KO's are nice rugged pieces.

Mike

14. artbyalina

artbyalina Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    The reaction seems largely disproportionate to the comment. I meant no offense, however surprising you might find that to be.

Peace?:smile:

15. mgb74

mgb74 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Absolutely :smile: