A BTZS Review of Adox Premium MCC 110 VC FB

A BTZS Review of Adox Premium MCC 110 VC FB

1. frednewman

frednewman Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Large Format
    frednewman submitted a new resource:

A BTZS Review of Adox Premium MCC 110 VC FB - A BTZS Review of Adox Premium MCC 110 VC FB

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2016
  2. Eric Rose

Eric Rose Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Very nice. Since the old Agfa paper this Adox paper is modeled after recommended using different filtration numbers dialed in from a colour head, maybe you could plot some curves for that. I think most people, at least the ones I know, use the dichro filters in their enlargers to vary their contrast. The only time I use Ilford filters is when I use my condenser enlarger.

3. frednewman

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi Eric Rose

Give me a few days and I'll put up the graph for the dichroic filters. My enlarger head is a DE Vere dichroic head. Also I tested the Adox paper for maximum black with selenium toner, which I will write up in a week or two. I wanted to keep the article as simple as possible. Thanks for your quick response.

Fred Newman

4. Laura_Campbell

Laura_Campbell Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Look forward to reading more Fred! Thank you again for the film and paper testing!

Laura Campbell

5. Mahler_one

Mahler_one Member

Well done....thanks....the BTZS method is one that I always use. However, as Fred would emphasize, one MUST test materials in one's own lab using one's own filters, developer, water, etc., etc. Once again, thanks Fred!!!

6. jgjbowen

jgjbowen Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Yes, Thanks Fred!

7. GeorgesGiralt

GeorgesGiralt Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi !
    Years ago using Agfa's papers, I was surprised not to be able to get a very hard grade on them.
    A phone call to an Agfa rep gave me the answer : the grade 5 can only been got at by using a very dense magenta filter (the filters Agfa made for their papers are quite different from their Ilford counterpart).
    They guy was kind enough to send me a set of Agfa filters. If you place the #5 Ilford next to the #5 Agfa, the difference is obvious. This may explain the results you've got.
    Just my 2cents

8. dng88

dng88 Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks and waiting for the film part.

In fact, if all the demo video of BTZS is up (all tools including even powerdial), it would be helped a lot of us to understand.

9. frednewman

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi dnf88

I will be working on it. It's still 102 degrees in Arizona - needs to cool off before I can work on it. Please be patient. You can call me for help 480-767-7105.

Thanks

Fred