A good week with my family and Wisner

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Robert Brummitt, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Robert Brummitt

Robert Brummitt Member

Nov 18, 2004
    Portland, Or
    Large Format
    I was in the Palo Alto last week in need of film. I dropped in Keeble & Schuchat and bought up the last box of Fuji Pro 160S QuickLoad. An early Christmas gift to myself.
    Boy, I thought I was something special. Every salesperson looked at me with either a mixture of awe or snickers of foolishness. I was damn happy myself. I had a great product and ready to fit the street for some photography.
    I photographed all around Stanford, Menlo Park and Palo Alto. Ice plants, Cactus and Rodan statues. I had a great time and so did my daughter. She brought along her point and shoot digital and document plants and trees for her environment class.
    I have come home with half of the box exposed and ready to process plus 10 sheets of B&W. I looked up and found that Citizen's does 4x5 C-41 and come Monday I'm off to see what I got.
    This was a good week for me. The only thing I wish I could have done was photograph my sister who is seriously ill and in hospital. She's been there for 7 weeks. The staff frowned on my large gear. But I did get some images with my digital camera.
    I visit with her and when she fell asleep I would go out to photograph, come back when she was awake and go out when she needed me gone.
    It's good to be a photographer!