A great chemestry resource

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by Gustavo_Castilla, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. Gustavo_Castilla

    Gustavo_Castilla Member

    Messages:
    890
    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2004
    Location:
    Bryan Texas
    Shooter:
    Large Format
    Hi I found out about this company true John at free style they have great selection and inventory
    http://www.tri-esssciences.com/
    Has great prices and all kinds of goodies
     
  2. dancqu

    dancqu Member

    Messages:
    3,676
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2002
    Location:
    Willamette V
    Shooter:
    Medium Format
    They've been in business a long time. I first ordered from them
    about 1986 and have done business with them since.
    I'm now putting another order for them togeather.

    Amoung quit a few items of interest they carry a good selection
    of bottles. Their line of Boston Rounds, clear or amber, wide or
    narrow mouth, are supplied with polycone or polyseal caps.
    Those caps and others can be ordered seperately. Those
    caps are a combination cork within a screw cap and as
    sure a seal as one could hope for.

    Another good source is, www.microessentiallab.com . They
    carry a huge variety of indicator papers including ph, fix silver,
    and of course antifreeze. Dan
     
  3. andyphoto

    andyphoto Member

    Messages:
    1
    Joined:
    Dec 19, 2004
    Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    triethanolamine 85%

    Greetings to the group. I have been using phenidone+ascorbic developers for over a year, and owe many thanks to Patrick Gainer and others who have shared their results.

    The TEA sold by tri-esssciences.com is 85%, and I assume the remaining 15% is probably water? Does this have an impact on storage life of PC-TEA? 99% pure TEA is available from other sources.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2004
  4. dancqu

    dancqu Member

    Messages:
    3,676
    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2002
    Location:
    Willamette V
    Shooter:
    Medium Format
    That 15% IIRC, is MEA and DEA. Dan