A Hands-on Introduction to Carbon Printing -- Hayward, CA, Sept 18/19, 2010

Discussion in 'Workshops & Lectures' started by Vaughn, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    I will be giving a week-end workshop in Carbon Printing at PhotoCentral on September 18&19, 2010.

Participants will get hands-on experience with the entire process -- a beautiful and very permanent process that can yield prints with a unique raised relief. This is a great way to try a fantastic process, and prepare the way to make carbon prints at home.

The workshop will not be available for registration until August via this website:

http://www.photocentral.org/shows.html

Opening at PhotoCentral this week-end (6-12-10) will be a show containing over a dozen of my carbon prints (as well as some platinum prints) -- as well as alt prints by Kate Jordahl, Brian Taylor, and the Foothill College alt photo class.

If you have any questions, please contact me at vgh7001@humboldt.edu

Thank you.

Vaughn

2. sanking

sanking Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Congratulations on the show, Vaughn. I hope to see some of your recent work sometime soon.

Sandy

3. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Vaughn, this was the class that started it all for me. Good luck and if anyone wants to get serious about carbon do not miss this.

Jim

4. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    Thanks, Sandy.

Jim -- this will actually be a week-end of only carbon printing, instead of the van Dyke/cyanotype/carbon combo you came to! Should be lots of fun!

Vaughn

5. thisismyname09

thisismyname09 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I've been reading about carbon printing alot lately, and I'd love to learn, but I can't quite drive across the country to do so. You wouldn't happen to want to visit the Chicago area any time soon, would you? :D

6. Vaughn

Vaughn Subscriber

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    No cross-country trips planned. But if you decide to jump into it just let me know and I'll be glad to help in any way I can. Also check the website that Sandy started (see the link in his post above) and also the Carbon Site at http://bostick-sullivan.invisionzone.com/index.php

Sandy is on the East Coast and is an excellent instructor in carbon printing, so you might contact him about his workshop schedule.

It is not just a process, it is an adventure! :wink:

Vaughn