A late hello

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the APUG Community' started by CPorter, Mar 3, 2004.

1. CPorter

CPorter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    My name is Chuck Porter and I have been using Apug for only two or three weeks now---so I though I would formally introduce myself. I have just recently returned to the hobby of photography and am so greatful that I found Apug-----a digital free zone! I first went to Western Kentucky University as a photojournalist major in 1982, but I was too young and a stupid about photography to go anywhere with it. After returning to it as a hobby, I found myself getting very frustrated in the digital realm. So, here I am. I feel completely in tune with what I'm doing and am pleased with my knowledge base since returning to the hobby, but I am always ready to learn more from the more experienced people that I have been listening to on Apug.

2. dr bob

dr bob Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome Chuck. I once lives in Paris and then Winchester circa 1938. Went thru basic at Ft Knox before trans to Navy. I too thought once to study journalism but as an engineer I ate better. I am being pushed kicking and screaming into the Millennium and all that d------ jazz. I prefer the real world - very little virtual, thanks.

3. juan

juan Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Welcome - a lot of us are back after a time away.
    juan

4. roy

roy Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Welcome, hope you continue to enjoy the site.