A new (cheap) addition.

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Stephanie Brim, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Stephanie Brim

Stephanie Brim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    See it here.

I like folders. They're rugged, they fit in a pocket. I saw this one with no bids, looking lonely, and couldn't resist. I have an Ansco Speedex Special "R" with the Apotar lens and I like it. I'm really looking forward to getting it.

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
  3. Stephanie Brim

Stephanie Brim Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I actually want to find the wide angle lens by itself. The 50 is an amazing little piece of work...pretty damn sharp at f/4, but best at f/5.6. You'll have fun with it.

4. cdholden

cdholden Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Stephanie,
    Congrats on the great deal. Assuming the bellows and optics in good shape, you got a great deal! As you know the Apotars are great lenses, but old Agfa lens tend to need a bellows replacement. The lenses also have a reputation for jamming up. A little lighter fluid may be able to help loosen the lens movement. I've had a few Billy Records and decided they weren't worth the work required, so sold them for Erconas. IMO, I have yet to find a folder that beats a Bessa though. But for $15 you spent, you can't complain!
    Enjoy the new addition! Viva la folders or something.
    Chris