a new FB paper.

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by mexipike, Nov 4, 2007.

1. mexipike

mexipike Subscriber

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I'm looking for a new FB photo paper to try. I'm tired of Ilford Multigrade IV. I want the most tonality possible. Multigrade would be nice, and I will mostly be enlarging, with some contact printing. Lately I've been developing in LPD, and tend to prefer neutral to warm tones.

opinions???

Thanks,
    John

2. Uncle Bill

Uncle Bill Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I just tried out some Kentmere Fineprint VC Glossy FB and I am very happy with it. Since I develop in Dektol I get more of a neutral tone. I just popped two scans of prints I have done with Fineprint and Dektol in my gallery.

3. jeroldharter

jeroldharter Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I use Kentmere FP VC mostly.

I also like Zone VI paper but it is a little too thick for my preference and curls alot. It has a nice warm black compared to the Kentmere which has cool blacks. Also, Zone VI is more expensive and only available in 8x10 and 11x14.

4. Mark Fisher

Mark Fisher Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    Might try some Foma/Arista EDU Ultra. I like it. It tends to be pretty neutral, though. A am also using some Oriental warmtone which is pretty mice to my eye.

Mark

5. Jim Fitzgerald

Jim Fitzgerald Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I just finished contact printing some images on Fotokemika Emaks grade 3. They were developed in PF-130 1:1. The image seems to have a nice warm black to it. Take a look.

Jim

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2008