A NEW RB67 question about focusing screens!

Discussion in 'Medium Format Cameras and Accessories' started by David Brown, Aug 17, 2006.

1. David Brown

David Brown Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Are focusing screens for the 3 RB itterations all interchangeable? (Pro, ProS, ProSD) :confused:

The reason I ask is that KEH lists several, and specifies some for certain models. However, I have done a search of Mamiya's site, this site, other photo sites, Googled and Yahoo'd, and come up with nothing other than the feeling that they are all the same.

One thing that could be, is that the earlier non "S" or "SD" didn't have the mechanism that made the horizontal red bars come up under the screen. (And - I could be wrong about that) Maybe the screens were different on those. But still, are they interchangeable anyway?

Sorry for making a new thread, but nobody addressed this in the prior thread. :sad:

2. Travis Nunn

Travis Nunn Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    My guess is that they are interchangable. To be sure you could call KEH to double check. I've used several different screens and I haven't bothered to notice whether they are intended for one model or another.

I still have the box that one of my screens came in and the only thing it says is "For Mamiya RB", it doesn't specify Pro, ProS or ProSD.

3. Nick Zentena

Nick Zentena Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  4. Dave Parker

Dave Parker Inactive

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    If I remember correctly, they are all interchangable at least based on measurments they are all the same size.

Dave