A&O Rodinal in Canada?

Discussion in 'Product Availability' started by Michel Hardy-Vallée, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Michel Hardy-Vallée

Michel Hardy-Vallée Membership Council Council

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    So does anybody have any news on the status of Rodinal in Canada? Recent threads were pointing out that A&O were delivering their first shipping in US stores around March 1st, but Canada being colder, time flows more slowly and therefore introduces a lag in response time.

I haven't seen anything yet in my usual Montreal stores (although a good thing was that the new ILFORD/HARMAN print developers are available) and not a lot of people even know about Rodinal, but I'll be willing to mail-order the thing if it becomes available.

2. Peter Schrager

Peter Schrager Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Rodinal

I haven't seen it here in the US either. Has anyone seen it on the shelves?
    Just curious too
    Best, Peter

3. glennfromwy

glennfromwy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    There is a retailer in Canada that I have had very good experience with. Photoco, I believe. They always carried a full line of Agfa products and I think if anyone had the stuff, they would.

4. Mike Kennedy

Mike Kennedy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I picked up the last 10 bottles at Carson/Mosher in New Brunswick. No news of a new shipment.

jmk

5. bobbysandstrom

bobbysandstrom Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    Freestyle says they'll have it March 27th.

6. Rob Skeoch

Rob Skeoch Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Which firm will be making the new Rodinal?
    -Rob Skeoch

7. battra92

battra92 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    And in the meantime they have Fomadon R09 to hold you all over. I might just get a bottle of that to try it out.

8. battra92

battra92 Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    A&O is the company making new Rodinal. However Freestyle seems to list the Agfa bottles. Perhaps this is just a temporary thing or did A&O liscence AgfaPhoto's name?

9. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    Agfa's stock of Rodinal is not depleted yet. It is readily available in stores in Germany. The problem that you guys have is the lack of a sales organization in your country. I will try to find out if there is any news about a sales organization in the U.S.

A&O will produce Rodinal when it's needed. They own Agfa's photochemicals factory.

10. Paddy

Paddy Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Here on the west coast, we're expecting a large back order of Agfa paper, chem/film to be in within the next week or so. Sadly, due to the bankruptcy, lemming style panic attacks, etc, the local wholesaler has been requiring advance deposits from most potential buyers. That being said there's still Agfa 20x24, 16x20 FB matt, 8x10 RC, and APX 400 35mmm & 120 on the shelves. At the college where I work, we're currently well stocked-up on Rodinal. For the time being,...