Abbey Medieval Tournament - Brisbane

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Krzys, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Krzys

Krzys Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I was just wondering it any APUG users are going to the medieval fare this coming 11th and 12th weekend?

Would be interesting to see some LF cameras amongst the period clothing, to the younger generations you might even blend in! :wink:

2. Craig Griffiths

Craig Griffiths Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I am heading up on saturday but I am not sure if I will be taking the 8x10 or 8x20. I would love to take the 8x10 with the petzval lens I got from Jim Galli, but I am not sure what the wife would think of that. I think the 8x20 for some of the jousting might be interesting, but I can only take one of them this weekend. The 8x10 looks like the most likely candidate though. Now all I have to do is get the confidence to approach some of those in period attire.

3. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Wow, and I thought shooting action with a 35mm was sometimes tricky. :wink: Shooting jousting with an 8x20 is taking tricky to a new level. :smile:

4. Craig Griffiths

Craig Griffiths Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    not sure that anything will turn out that well, but if it is planned and focussed prior to the action I might get something worth keeping. then again it could be a complete disaster too. Either way I will learn something.

5. Kevin Caulfield

Kevin Caulfield Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Good luck, and I'm sure you'll get a keeper or two. :smile:

6. Krzys

Krzys Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I'm keen to meet up with you at the event Craig to discuss further events planned. I'll be the guy with the TLR, though no doubt I'll see your camera first.

7. Craig Griffiths

Craig Griffiths Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    Had a long day at the festival today. Ran out of 8x10 film by 10am. Lots of characters to photograph and lots of willing subjects. NOw it is a matter of processing. As far as jousting on 8x20, I chickened out. I couldnt get a clear location even though they let me in early when I explained what I wanted to do.

Overall a great day and I cant wait to see some of the results. Didnt see a TLR there, but lots of digital and video. a sign of the times I guess

8. Krzys

Krzys Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    I used my Canon-AE1 with 50mm 1.4 prime and took about 110 shots, drying now. Was a great day and I didnt see any 8x10 camera sadly.

Till next time.