ABC Pyro for Jobo

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by kompressor, Sep 17, 2009.

1. kompressor

kompressor Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I mixed and tested ABC Pyro for Jobo yesterday.
    This is the chemical pack i used: http://www.digitaltruth.com/store/cart/ABC-Pyro-Plus-33-Liters-p-308.html

I did a 120 Verichrome Pan for 7 minutes at 75 degree farenheit. Dillution 1:2:100

The negs look okay, but will contactprint later today and see the final result. Any other on APUG that uses this specific Pyro in Jobo and have som startingpoints for different films. I will post mine here after more testing.

2. DarkMagic

DarkMagic Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    wild reponse...

3. nworth

nworth Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    The link you gave does not work, and your reference is unclear. Looking at the Digitaltruth Store website, I saw several pyro formulations. Normally, pyro oxidizes too quickly for consistent use in the Jobo, but two formulations, Rollo Pyro and Pyrocat HD, were designed for use in rotary processors. Both have been quite successful. There is a slight speed loss with either. The website show both of these, Pyrocat HD is several formulations and Rollo Pyro as Formulary Pyro ABC Plus. Which did you test?

4. LJH

LJH Member

Shooter:
    ULarge Format
    I've used Pyro MC in Jobo. Works fine.

5. KenS

KenS Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    For Rotary processing (in the 'older' (grey) BTZS tubes), my preferred developer is Pyrocat HD.

Ken

6. c6h6o3

c6h6o3 Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    ABC is a 3 solution developer. Your dilution therefore doesn't make sense. I use 2:1:1:15 for A,B,C and water, respectively.

7. Mark Crabtree

Mark Crabtree Member

Shooter:
    Large Format
    Maybe PMK? Sounds like the about the right proportions. That works well in a Jobo.

8. Andre Noble

Andre Noble Subscriber

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    I believe I found a work around to this problem (I was having seriously bad luck with Pyrocat HD in my Jobo):

Thereafter I successfully used Wimberly W2D2+ in a Jobo, getting clean negatives with no aerial fogging:

A) Use slowest rotation speed Jobo capable of.
    B) Replenish the full volume of used W2D2+ developer with a fresh volume of W2D2+ halfway through the development time.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012