about the Yashica FX-3 super 2000 and best yashica zoom:advices!!!

Discussion in '35mm Cameras and Accessories' started by peters8, May 5, 2013.

1. peters8

peters8 Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Hi guys?
    What do you think about this cheap camera?...is the mirror slap in this model very heavy?...are there many differences with the normal Fx3 made by Yashica or not?

Another question:is the DSB series so bad as many people say?...for example what about the Yashica DSB 28mm?
    Last question,please!:Does exist a good zoom for this camera made by Yashica?...Unfortunately I can't buy any Zeiss:they're so exansive!!!
    Thank you very much!
    Regards

2. pstake

pstake Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    These are fantastic cameras. Solid, reliable. The meter is great. Very underrated. Mirror slap is noisy but no more so than its contemporaries.

The dsb lenses are OK. You can find ML-series lenses for reasonable prices on the auction site or, possibly by posting a WTB post here on APUG. I gave away a DSB zoom lens last year. It was a fine performer. Noticeably better than the kit lens that came with my work EOS Rebel T3 (DSLR) ... for my personal work, I don't use zooms so I never used it with film.

EDIT: I think the zoom was a 75-200.

3. Jeff L

Jeff L Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I believe the ML 80-200 f4 is a decent zoom. Yashica ML lenses in general have a very good reputation.

4. elcabezagrande

elcabezagrande Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like the MC 35~70mm zoom, the MC lenses are more compact than the ML lenses. There are two versions of the DSB 28mm, one with a 55mm (or 52mm?) filter thread, and one with a 58mm filter thread. I found the small version to be a OK if a little cheap, but the rare (and quite expensive) larger version is a very good, well built lens, if you can find one. I regret selling mine. The only real differences between the Super 2000 and the original FX 3 are a faster shutter on the former and a meter switch on the latter that is separate from the shutter button.

5. ic-racer

ic-racer Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    In terms of the mirror, it goes up when you use the self timer. Cool trick not many people are aware of. Otherwise the mirror is fine; the only time I use the mirror pre-release is with the macro lens.

Made by Cosina.