Acros in PMK?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by athanasius80, Aug 19, 2008.

1. athanasius80

athanasius80 Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Does anyone stand develop Fuji Acros shot at 100 ISO in PMK? Development times would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Thomas Bertilsson

Thomas Bertilsson Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I am not sure about this particular combination - but when I do stand development with Pyrocat it seems to be completely irrelevant what film and exposure index I use.
    I just use one hour for all combinations and the results are fine. Your mileage may vary.

- Thomas

3. gainer

gainer Subscriber

Hutchings does not recommend PMK for stand development. That doesn't mean you can't do it, but to me it means that a test on something not critical is in order. Be sure your test photo has gradations similar to the one that is important.

4. Trevor Crone

Trevor Crone Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've never had good results with Acros 100 processed in PMK, odd processing marks. All very strange. I've since processed it in Rodinal and Ilfosol 3 with no problems.

I would be interested to learn how you get on with this combination.

5. Klopstock

Klopstock Member

Shooter:
    35mm RF
    Acros is great in Xtol 1:1, normal agitation. Diluted Xtol enhances shadow detail, similar to stand development.

6. dpurdy

dpurdy Member

Shooter:
    8x10 Format
    On the other hand I have had great results with ACROS and PMK though not stand development. That is the weird thing about photography, what works for one doesn't work for another. I did quite a lot of Acros 120 rolls in PMK with landscape/architecture and lots of sky and got very even unmottled unstreaked film and very nice highlight detail.
    Dennis

7. Aurelien

Aurelien Advertiser Advertiser

Shooter:
    Med. Format RF
    I have used Acros in PMK with good results. But you have first to use Acros @ ISO 50, and second add EDTA (5 mL for 500 ML PMK) in the developer to avoid irregular development. Like that it is nice.

8. Trevor Crone

Trevor Crone Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I've not used Acros 120 only 4"x5" in Quickloads. Just wondering if it's the sheet film that is a little problematic in PMK? As I said the film was fine in Rodinal and Ilfosol 3.

PMK is my workhorse developer and all other films I put through it are fine.

I'll have to give the 120 version a go some time to see how it performs.

Cheers,
    Trevor.