Acros vs Other?

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by RattyMouse, Oct 4, 2013.

1. RattyMouse

RattyMouse Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Aside from the reciprocity characteristics, how does Acros compare to Delta 100 and TMax 100? Would they be considered similar or still quite different?

I have a lot of Acros experience, but none with the others. Just trying to learn to.

Thanks!

2. pgomena

pgomena Member

Their spectral responses are different. Acros is orthopanchromatic, somewhat less sensitive to red than the others. It renders green foliage lighter, much lighter still with a yellow filter. Grain-wise they are pretty much the same. Acros is my favorite of the three. T-Max 100 would be my second favorite, Delta the third. I find the Delta films to be difficult to handle, probably my problem more than the films'.

3. TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Well, i agree that Acros is my favorite film at 100ASA, i also prefer TMAX over Delta 100, but i can manage to have all three good enough results, but if i must choose one then Acros is my choice always.

I don't know why, but when i look at Acros results after scan, i see that silver look over TMAX/Delta/Foma, so is it something about Acros that give me that look/effect of silver?