Adaptor board for Korona 5x7"

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Jarvman, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Jarvman

Jarvman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Could anybody give me some advice on how to fit modern lenses to a 5x7 Korona. The old lensboards are way too thick to accomodate lenses with retaining rings designed for linhof thickness boards. I was thinking of having an adaptor board made to take lenses mounted in linhof style lensboards. Anybody have any ideas on this? :confused:

2. reellis67

reellis67 Subscriber

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    The board that I made for my 8x10 Korona is composed of two thinner pieces of wood glued together, one with a hole slightly larger in diameter than the shutter, the other slightly larger in diameter than the retaining ring. This allows a thin enough portion of wood that the retaining ring fits on the lens properly - essentially the front half of the lens board holds the shutter/lens and the rear half builds the thickness up to the desired dimension. If you are using a full thickness board you might have to use a router to remove some of the thickness so that you can mount your lens.

- Randy

3. paul_c5x4

paul_c5x4 Subscriber

Shooter:
    Large Format
    When I made a lens board recently, the board it's self was 6mm thick. The lens required a maximum thickness of around 3mm. Ended up counter boring the back so that the thickness was 1.6mm.
    skgrimes.com gives a handy table for standard hole sizes - The #3 thickness may be too high. Schneider gives 1.5 to 5.0mm in their (archived) documentation.

4. Mike1234

Mike1234 Inactive

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    You can also just cut the hole larger than needed and add a thin metal plate covering the hole. Then cut the proper sized hole through the metal plate.

5. Jarvman

Jarvman Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Ok thankyou. this has given me some ideas now

6. david_mizen

david_mizen Member

Shooter:
    Medium Format
    all my lenses are mounted on a linhoff type board i am mking an adapter from a piece of aluminium plate 6mm thick which is as near as possible to the thickness of wooden board on on my ansco with a rebate to accept the smaller linhof 99x96 boards also on flea bay there is a person how makes deardorff adaptors he made an adaptor for me which was a deardorff/linhof front with a wooden spacer and an ansco board on the back to fit the camera