Adjusting rangefinder in a Speed Graflex

Discussion in 'Large Format Cameras and Accessories' started by Rhodes, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    The rangefinder in my speed graflex needs ajusting. The adjusting srew is the one nearest the top rangefinder window? At infinity I see two images (at a far object, like a boat or a far building).

And also, how to ajust the tension of the (sorry, but I do not know the english term) cable spring that fires the lens shutter.
    Sorry for my english, I miss the technical terms of the objects.

2. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
  3. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Thank you. In ther thir link, the final picture is the one that my camera have.

4. BrianShaw

BrianShaw Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I have never had to adjust a Kalart rangefinder but the instructions sound fairly straight-forward. Good luck with yours!

5. Rhodes

Rhodes Member

Shooter:
    35mm
    Well, it is my firs LF camera and I kind like more this gender than the mono rail ones. I am still seeing things for the first time, learning how to use and etc. Got two holders and now a box of Rollei R3 to begin (less expensive film I saw in 4x5 here). Now I only need a dev tank for 4x5 film, since the reel that I have with a old jobo tank is for 9x12 cm and not 4x5 inches film...