ADOX 25 in Ro9

Discussion in 'B&W: Film, Paper, Chemistry' started by troutmask, Nov 4, 2006.

1. troutmask

troutmask Member

Shooter:
    4x5 Format
    I have been using ADOX 25 5" x 4", exposing it as 25 ISO and processing it at 15 mins in Perceptol at 1:3;this has given good results.
    I have just brought some ADOX R09 (which is claimed to be like Rodinal), this is cheaper than Perceptol.
    ADOX reccomend under exposing the film by a stop (why they don't just rate it at 50 is beyond me) andthen R09 1 + 100 for between 36 - 42 minutes.
    i am processing 6 sheets at a time, in a tank designed for 12, which takes 1.4 lts to fill, so don't want to whaste to much chemistry.
    I would apreciate the views of any body who has used this film and processed it in R 09, partcuallrly about the times as 36 - 42 is quite a big margin!

2. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    R09 should give higher speed yield than Perceptol, so it makes sense to give the film a little less exposure.

3. titrisol

titrisol Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Hi Peter!
    Welcome to APUG!

4. Alan Johnson

Alan Johnson Subscriber

I have not used this combination but would expect times close to Efke 25 (same film?) in Rodinal 1:100: www.digitaltruth.com/chart/menu.html
    Speed and times you give may be push processing?

5. P C Headland

P C Headland Subscriber

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    Given that you will be using quite dilute solutions, the time range is not that unreasonable.

For Adox/Efke 25 roll or (9x12cm) sheet film I use Rodinal 1+100 and either 18 minutes with "reduced" agitation, or 1 hr stand. This is for when shot at EI25. When I accidentally shot a couple of sheets at 100, I developed it for 30 minutes using my reduced agitation scheme. Seemed to work fine.

At 1+100, you are only using 14ml developer. You can also try 1+200 stand, for about 2 hours.

(BTW, I seem to recall reading that R09 1+40 is equivalent to Rodinal 1+50)

6. Petzi

Petzi Member

Shooter:
    Med. Format Pan
    If you want something fast, try "Rodinal Special".

7. Gerald Koch

Gerald Koch Member

Shooter:
    Multi Format
    I like the results with this developer using the more dilute solution recommended by Agfa. Times are longer and easier to use.